Video Essentials has been recording dance concerts since 1992.
A lot has changed since the days of VHS tapes. The shift to DVDs was a major leap forward.
We now use HD broadcast quality widescreen cameras that record crystal clear images. While we still sell DVDs, digital delivery is the future.
Parents can download concerts on HD MPEG4 files a few days after the performance from the Video Essentials website “store”. You can expect a quality finished product shot by experienced, professional camera operators.
All of our concerts are shot with two cameras. We don’t ever use single cameras.
Why? Because they look amateurish no matter how skilled the operator may be. We adopt an editing formula that has evolved over a long period of time that maintains the integrity of the dance.
Where possible we try to show all the dancers. When dancers bunch up in the centre of the stage we move to a close-up camera. We try to get all entries.
When younger dancers are performing static items we will make a small number of cutaways to show medium shots of them. You won’t see constant cutting to close-ups of the dancers for no other reason than to make a snappy looking video production.
Dance teachers want to see the choreography and parents want to see their children. You won’t see cameras constantly chasing dancers around the stage.
Our seamless editing means every time you watch your dance concerts back you’ll feel like you’re sitting in the theatre.
You’ll get a sense of this if you watch our sample dance video.
- Video Essentials only uses professional Sony cameras and full SDI HD vision mixing equipment. We record on two solid state recorders so we have two copies of the recorded concert.
- Mixing a concert live means a superior product and no expensive post production. This means you get the highest quality product at a cost-effective price.
- Sound will be taken from the sound desk for optimum quality and mixed with our live mics. Stage mics will be set up to capture tap dancing items.
- All staff have Working With Children approval.
- Expect quick delivery every time. Our editors don’t stop working. We will have the concert edited and online for purchase within 3 days. Guaranteed. DVDs can be picked up within 3 days of the order being placed.
Purchasing DVDs and MPEG4 video files
Families have the choice of purchasing fully chapterised DVDs or downloading High Definition MPEG4 video files from our website “store”.
We have a variety of purchasing methods:
- For larger schools we have no minimum sales. We provide you with an order form that will be given to each family. They can purchase a fully chapterised DVD for $30 or download an MPEG4 video file from our website “store” using a special security code that only allows families at your dance school to access it.
- For smaller schools we have a minimum of 30 DVDs at $30 each. The school also receives an MPEG4 video file to give to the purchasers.
- Smaller schools can pay a flat fee to purchase a link to the MPEG4 video file that they can then send to all the students.
- Schools can order a DVD and/or MPEG4 video file for every student for a significantly discounted price.
- $5 Commission paid on each sale above 50 DVDs or MPEG4 files.
- Complimentary DVDs and MPEG4 files for each staff member.